Dell Inspiron N5010 Series laptop comes with either Intel Core i3 330M or Core i7 740QM processor and can have a GMA 4500MHD or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 adapter.

My laptop cannot get started and power jack output is low

The very same problem as I asked before. Now yesterday I disassembled my laptop, removed the battery, plugged in the power cord and tested the output of the power jack. I first simply plugged the power cord into source and the tested output voltage was 19V. When I plugged in the adapter, I used the multimeter to test the voltage received from the power jack, and it was about 200 mV or so, far below the 19V which was needed. Now does it mean the problem was on the power jack? And if it is, how can I fix it myself?

Where did you check for the voltage?

I plugged the cord into the power jack and tested the output by touching the positive and negative part of the power jack with multimeter.

If you checked the power adapter on the jack and it showed the right voltage, it is okay. Where did you check it on your computer after you plugged it in?

I checked the read off on the power jack from inside the computer, right after I opened the cover, keyboard, etc. and find the jack.

If you tested it on the contacts coming out of the DC jack, than it is the jack that is faulty, probably a faulty connection. I would start by replacing the jack.

Xu Sun, you can try to solder a new DC jack to the board, follow this video. Or you can replace the whole power board, get a new one from here. Since you are new to soldering, I would probably go for the new board. Hope this helps, good luck.

Really thank you a lot for your kindness and patience. I think I am gonna buy the whole power board. What should I do after I received the new power board? Is there any directions which I can follow to replace the whole power board?

All you really have to do is to follow the videos, the first one in the original answer and the second one from here. Also, download the service manual from here. Check the I/O Board removal, that is the part that contains the power adapter. Best of luck to you and let us know how it is going.

Really thank you! I plan to do this in a couple of days. Let's keep in touch when I begin, and I will post my problems as soon as they arise.

Thank you for accepting my answer. I am certain that with the right manuals, you will not have any problems at all. Best of luck to you.

Xu Sun will be eternally grateful.