iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

water damage :( HELP

So i dropped my iphone in the pacific ocean.. normal right? anyways, i replaced the dock connector & battery but it's still giving me problems. It only works when connected to an AC outlet & works for 5 minutes before it reboots. In those 5 minutes I have no wifi, or att signal, no sound, no vibration. Everything works great besides that. paying 200 for the replacement is out of my budget. I can't seem to restore the phone either because several errors occur. I've already tried the rice method and now im just desperate and depressed for answers/suggestions.

californiaxfresh, besides the "rice method" I would most certainly suggest that you clean your logic board a bit further. Use this guide to clean your phone. It was written for a 3G but all the points still apply to your phone. The issue here is corrosion caused by the Pacific water. Rice will not clean the board at all. It may absorb "most" of the water, but will not properly clean it. After you clean your phone, reassemble it and re-evaluate.

Mentioned Items

iPhone Image

Guide

Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

by pollytintop Difficulty: Difficultone or two hours

thanks for replying old turkey! yeah i just took apart my whole phone and cleaned out the logic board. i found some sand in there. unfortunately while i was cleaning the board i also cleaned the white sticker so now its a little pink :(

by californiaxfresh

Is a moisture indicator that would show Apple that this phone was exposed. This will not impede the function of the phone.

by oldturkey03

Yeah i understand. do u think i should keep going to the apple store in prayer that they might give me a free replacement?

by californiaxfresh

You could try, worst case scenario will be a "No" :-)

by oldturkey03

if i tried cleaning my logic board and its still not working (i cleaned it with 70% rubbing alcohol ;) is it time to give up?

by californiaxfresh

californiaxfresh will be eternally grateful.