The Kenmore 80 Series is a popular washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

Kenmore 80 series drive tub seal replacement

I replaced the tub seal on my Kenmore direct drive washing machine as shown on this youtube video (Whirlpool/ Kenmore Washer Repair: Drive Tub Seal Replacement (part #383727) - YouTube). When I had removed the outer tub I had noticed caked up dirt/grease along the bottom of the outer tub near where it would contact the inner tub and mounting stem. Thinking this was dirt, I cleaned it off and replaced the tub seal. I've put everything back together and now the tub makes a high pitched noise while in spin mode and does not spin correctly. Was I wrong to have cleaned that dirt off or was I supposed to grease the seal/mounting stem or space between the two tubs? What kind of grease is used for this?? Any help would be appreciated!!

I do not think that it was grease. It should not need any. I would double check for proper alignment of the inner tub. It does sound like it may be to tight on the drive shaft or out of alignment.

Luis will be eternally grateful.