CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

After screen replacement, how to assemble power button?

Replaced screen, which works correctly.

When putting logic board back, I know I made a mistake with the top power button's link to the battery.

I need a new grounding clip, and perhaps other parts, I would love to order from IFIXIT!

Information:

Phone turns on when plugged in, and boots CORRECTLY, everything normal.

The power button works to black the screen, take screenshots, and turn off phone if held down.

If the phone is removed from power, it turns off. You cannot turn the phone on after it is off with the power button. You must connect to power.

I would like to purchase the items from the site, and want to know which to order! Also, specific information of positioning the grounding clip.

Thank you

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

The problem you describe is not sleep button issues but rather battery issues. It seems you may be having a problem with your battery connector. Have you verified that the battery connector is fully seated in the board? How about disconnecting it and inspecting the 4 little prongs on the terminal? If those seem to be okay, there's a possibility the battery is faulty through physical damage of the battery contacts or cell damage.

Jeremy will be eternally grateful.