The Nintendo DSi is the third iteration in the Nintendo DS line, and made its debut in Japan in late 2008.

Why won't my DSi turn on?

My DSi was working just fine and I was playing my Pokemon White Version 2 game in Pokestar Studios when I closed my DSi and it turned off! I pressed the power button and held the power button, but it wouldn't turn on. After a while, it turned on but it went to a black screen without a yellow light. Now what?

thanks its working(posting on dsi)

from God

mine is charging, and the same thing is happening, I was making a Flipnote, and it turned off.

I was playing Mario party on my dsi then it just turned off, I pluged it in the charger, same thing! I tried opening it againand it did not work. <:(

Mine says an error has occurred when it turns on.

My sister was playing her dsi and then she turned it off because she didn't want to play anymore. She opened it and turned it on but it would turn on for only a second and then turn off. She tried charging and left it charging for a day to see if it would work. Next day, it still does the same thing. Im really confused it was working?

Most Helpful Answer

Hi, take the battery out for about 5 mins. Put it back and plug the charger in. After about 1 hour of charging see if it turns back on. Write back on what u did. Good luck.

I did that and now it wont sit there and charge i have to hold it to make it charge and sometime it doesn't even do that

did not work :(

nope.... did NOT work....

>:(

I have had a bunch of DSi, DSiXL and 3DS come in lately with completely dead batteries meaning they just failed. After switching out the battery then the unit fires right up. Try pulling the battery for 5 mins and then charging but if that doesn't work then try swapping out the battery for a new one or borrow one from a friends DSi.

hello, I tried swapping the battery with a friend's. But my DSi won't turn on, but does charge. Checked the battery points, but they were okay. Any idea what it could be?

Alright! Thank you so much benjamin! It worked! Now i can play pokemon!

what did you do to have it work

Do any know how to fix DSI: like when i turn it on the top screen turns BLACK, and bottom turns WHITE what should i do??

resit ribbon cables and if not replace both screens will cost u about £5 by a water damaged dsi nearly almost guarantee the screen will be ok on water damaged console so use it for parts youtube have tutorials its so easy :) good look

Hello there. My Nintendo DSi has not been turning on for the past five years (July 2010) and I need some advice in order to turn it back on. My laundry had been placed into a washing machine with the DSi in my pants pocket. When I took the DSi out of the machine I tried drying it in white rice. After a few days of drying, I press the power button but nothing but a flicker of the red power light. No matter how much I charge the handheld, it still won't budge turning on.

Nowadays, I still struggle to to turn on my DSi but has different affects of turning on. Instead of the red flicking power light, the blue power light comes on with the a white screen (mostly). Sometimes my DSi goes to the home menu but will not run any applications, probably due to water damage. It always brings up a black screen with a message on the bottom screen, stating that an error occurred and that I needed to refer to the manual.

If any of you guys know what is wrong with my DSi and knows how to fix it, tell me. I cannot seem to find any more active repair shops so please help.

Hi can someone help me my younger brother was playing my white Nintendo dsi yesterday and when I wanted to play it it turned on but it kept turning of please help me?!

Sorry, still no. I've tried quite a bit and have been aiming at avoiding taking it in to get checked. The operations carried forth on my DSi could cost quite a fortune. Sorry Benjamin and everyone else.

when this happened to me I eventually got it to work by shaking it. This was about 3-5 years ago though. Yours is older so it might not work.

If the bottom LCD flashes (or top) and your power light does and then it shuts off, it might the be ribbon cable. If it's damaged, then you will have to buy a new LCD, as the cable is attached to the screen. They go around 10-20 dollars on eBay.

I've had a dsi for a few years now and when I turn it on, the. Lie light comes on but it's just a white and black screen and on the top there is something weird written down but the orange light comes on however the green light will not come on but if it does, I try clicking on something and a message comes up tell me to go to the manual. HELP PLEASE. I really need my DSI to work because I've got very important photos on there please help me

Hello everyone! today i just want to say that what you people are posting about the DSi problem's, right? Well i got a solution to those problem's. Anyway's the solution to all of those problem's is to go into the Nintendo shop and tell the staff to fix your DSi. If that doesn't work then search on YouTube. If THAT doesn't work ... then ... probably go into the DSi and try to fix the DSi yourself. If THAT doesn't work then i don't know what else you can do...

hello everybody

today this morning i was playing pokemon black then i putted to charge later afternoon i played pokemon platinum then i turned it off and putted on charge an hour later i wanted to play platinum so i can raise my gabite my dsi turned on but both screen were white i tried pressing the start botton but it wont even turn off really wierd first happened to it so please help

thanks

Put it on the charger and if that doesn't work take the battery out and hold the power button and then put the battery back in and hold the power botton down and it will come back on.

YOU ALL THINK THIS WORKS BUT NO MY DSI STILL DOESN'T WORK but mabey I might go to game stop to get a new battery bye and thank you all.......

Benjamin will be eternally grateful.