0

Angelo
11

Required screwdrivers for iPhone 4S battery replacement, confused

Hi, I would like to replace the battery on my iPhone 4S with Pentalobe screws.

From this page

iPhone 4 Replacement Battery

I understand that required screwdrivers are:

- Phillips 00 Screwdriver

- Phillips #000 Screwdriver

- iPhone 4 5-Point Pentalobe Screwdriver

Then, it looks like that I could save some money in purchasing the liberation kit instead of single screwdrivers, which contains:

2.5" Phillips Driver

2.5" Pentalobe Driver

So, it is clear that Pentalobe is included. But what about the 2.5" Phillips Driver? does it correspond to the Phillips 00 Screwdriver or to Phillips #000 Screwdriver? I need this info to understand which screwdriver is missing and purchasing it separately if needed.

Angelo from Italy

iPhone 4 Replacement Battery

Replacement 1420 mAh battery for iPhone 4. Compatible with all iPhone 4 GSM and CDMA models (Not 4S). Does not require soldering. 3.7 Volts (V), 5.25 Watt Hours (Whr). — 22 available at 19.95 each.

Edited by: Angelo ( )

1

Brad

The pentalobe screwdriver is for the two external bottom screws. The Philips screwdriver is a #00, for the two battery connector screws. The Philips #00 will also fit all the remaining Philips screws. A small flathead screwdriver is necessary if you want to remove the Logic Board (not necessary with battery replacement) to remove the two stand-off screws one at the top of the Logic Board and one at the bottom of the Logic Board.

Thanks Brad. This means I will buy the battery, the liberation kit and Phillips 00 Screwdriver. I should be fine then. Regards.Angelo

Angelo,

0

monodalia
1

So I'm hoping that by buying the "fix kit" I'm actually getting a battery. It's not really clear. It looks like you get the battery plus the tools. But now I'm thinking all I did was buy the tools. It would help if you made this really clear because its confusing.