Mid 2006 / model number A1181 / black or white case / 1.83 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo processor.

What to do now that start up disc is almost full?

While downloading movies from itunes the message appeared that my start up disc is almost full and the download temporarily stopped. I just rid myself of some old tv shows. Recently I got the message for a non-itune related download. Is this a matter of needing to upgrade memory or just backing up memory-eating things like movies? Or is something else going on?

Hi You need to remove files from your hard drive to give it room to work. Either burn items like the movies to a disk or upgrade to a larger hard drive and save your current drive as a backup. The least expensive way in both time and money would be to erase old and unused files/programs and burn others to disk until the drive is at least half empty. Ralph

You could also get an external hard drive to move all those movies to. If using 10.5, get one large enough to use Time Machine to back up your hard drive and room enough to move all your movies to.

Thanks so much to both of you. This is great.

Jackie

jackie will be eternally grateful.