Model A1237 or A1304 / 1.6, 1.8, 1.86, or 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Single Beep No Boot. RAM issue?

The MacBook Air was was working perfectly fine when suddenly the screen froze and I had to do a force shutdown. After that when I tried to boot, I got a Single Beep with intervals of ~5 seconds. If I press and hold the power button, the light flashes continuously for 4 seconds and then it beeps.

The screen is blank and there is no processor or hard drive activity while it beeps.

I have tried the 'CMD+R+P' and press and hold 'D' boots without any success.

This is most likely a RAM issue but since the RAM is soldered on, I cannot reset it as most guides have mentioned.

This is what the motherboard looks like: http://imgur.com/a/ZYy1l#0

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Whatever happened with your computer? I am experiencing the same thing, and anticipating the worst.

Try to disconnect the battery if it is possible on the MacBook Air and press the power button for about 30 seconds with battery and power adapter being removed - this will reset all capacitors within the book and RAM is a kind of (very basically).

If this does not bring any success I think the RAM is bad.

Regards, Stone

Hey all if it is beeping it's the ram.

Remove the main board

Use a heat gun to heat up the ram on the back and the front

Let the board cool

Done! Worked for me

I've had this problem and searched high and low - and despite warnings by 'professionals' to throw the Macbook Air away - I took one long last approach to clearing what was probably a moisture contamination issue on the mother board - Simply remove the Main motherboard - then clean it carefully with a solvent using cotton bud swabs, then into the oven at 190deg C for 9 minutes - and hey presto it came back to life perfectly. Trust me this is scientific.

Yes--according to Apple one beep means no RAM installed. Link provided.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1547

I have the same issue. DId you manage to fix your Macbook Air in the end?

fence2012 will be eternally grateful.