How should I modify to prevent from constant freezing (beach balls)?
My 15.4" Macbook Pro that I bought in 2006:
- Model: A1260
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
It's a few years old and is now suffering from the following problems:
1. Takes a long time to boot up after it's been off
2. I am constantly getting beach balls (freezing), whether it be after trying to log back in to the computer or just loading an app like Chrome or clicking the search bar, etc.
3. The battery lasts under 2 hours
4. It's very loud when it freezes (assuming this is the fan)
What should I do to troubleshoot to find the main culprit and how should I modify the computer to fix the issues?
Is this a good question?