Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Home Button Interchangability Question

Good Moro All,

I have replaced a few a fair few iPhone screens for friends, and I have been asked to change to an OEM, coloured screen for 3G and 3GS. Only problem I am facing at the moment is, most of the suppliers I search who stock 3G/3GS coloured screens, don't supply a coloured home button to go with the screen. Am I able to use a coloured 4/4S home button in their places? If so, is there any modification needed to make them fit and work effectively.

Love the work you guys do on here, it's my backup every time I replace a screen or part.

Many thanks!

Hi.

You can use the homebutton from a iPhone 4 on a 3g/3gs. But not the cable. The button and the cable is fastened with double-sided tape.

You can use a small flat screwdriver. (Be careful so you don't damage the cabel)

Once it's released from the button, it looks like this:

Place the cable in the pattern of the new colored button :)

Peter Heath will be eternally grateful.