MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Mid 2012

2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Source for diffusor sheets/films behind display of MBPr?

The LCD of my MBPr still works fine it seems but I suspect a problem with the diffusor sheets behind the screen.

Does anyone know where one can buy a replacement set of the several diffusor-sheets visible in the disassembly?

I would recommend returning your system to an Apple Store as there was a problem on some early displays which would be covered under warranty.

Thanks - I'm afraid it my damage is not covered by the Apple warranty, thus my question. Any idea where to get the backlight sheets only?

by Gaihumea

Review the iFixIt teardown & repair posts - Display is not repairable! Need to replace the full assembly.

by Dan

False, you can go to click here and order what you want.

To open the assembly use a heat gun

Your link goes to the mentioned parts for a Mabook Air, not the 2012 PRO with Retina display. When you go to the section for that laptop's parts there are no screen or screen parts listed.

by ABCellars

Yes you are right, sorry, I was searching the same topic for a macbook air and I didn't notice the modek, anyway i think they will be soon available. The retina is pretty new...

by Andrea

Gaihumea will be eternally grateful.