Third generation of iPad with Wi-Fi, released on March 16, 2012. Model Number A1416. Repair requires heating and careful prying.

After Replacing the Screen it won't turn on

OK, so I replaced the screen and now the screen won't turn on. When I connect the ipad to my computer I see that Itune it knowledge the iPad. Now, I did broke the lcd spacer(I think is what it calls) the clip that push down the screen LCD cable. Also, I lost one of the home button screw. So I cut a piece of the flat cable that I had from the old digitizer and I insert it on top of the connector to push the cable down as I saw that this work in other forum, but it does not. Can anybody have any tips? Thanks

I am having the same problem. The ipad still works (it registers in iTunes), but I can't get the screen to turn on. At one point, I put it into dfu and some green and blue lines appeared on the lcd, and could be turned on and off with the power button. However I can't get this thing to work and I am getting real frustrated. Help. Please.

It look like you damaged the LCD . It happen to me once where I could not turned the iPad on then I dicconcted and re connect the battery cable inside the I got it to work. Other time the screen showed white and green collors the when I go new LCD. . It worked perfect try the battery disconnect n connect first , if dose not resolve the problem then replace the LCD. Good luck

thank you it work just like you said. You are the best.

Most Helpful Answer

If you look closely at the lcd before you seal it up.... you can see images, but it will not illuminate the lcd. What needs to be done is simple, just power off the ipad (put into dfu, if necessary) and turn it back on and it will come back on with no issues. This is common in most apple devices. All that needs to be done is to find a way to reset. Now if the lcd still doesnt light, check the connections on the board for the lcd and make sure the clips for the connector are at the closed position, if its not closed, it will not make a good connection to the board. Also make sure that the flex cable on the lcd isn't torn. Last thing you want is a torn flex.... if that happens, you need a new lcd.

I highly recommend you do all this with the ipad before sealing it up.

Thanks a lot dude

U 're magic

I follow Mike Fidalgo's answer and it works now!

Genious!!! Still Making Ipads Work!

Had exactly the same issue. Based on the dfu comment above, I held the power button 3 seconds, then pressed the home button for 10 seconds while continuing to hold the power button, then released the power button while continuing to hold the home button and HAPPY DAYS...it lit right up! Thanks

ok did the 3 sec and 10 sec and WOW IT WORKED many THANKS :) :)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Got the apple logo! THANK YOU!

My Ipad 3 Wifi did the same thing. I had no screen, but if I "shorted" the home button contacts, I heard sound so I knew the system was functioning. I went ahead and removed the logic board and disconnected it from the battery (after disconnecting the top power switch ribbon assembly from it) and left it disconnected from the battery contacts for 30min. Put it back in and reconnected my button harnesses and tada! Screen was back on with my Apple logo.

thank u it worked for me.....

This fixed my issue wonderfully. Thanks for the info.

Thank you so much. Disconnecting from battery for awhile and plugging it back really work for my case as well. Thank you so much for your sharing. I love this fix!!!!

This was the solution for me as well Thanks sales668!!!!

You guys are very welcome!!!!

David - it sounds like you broke the latch on the flex cable connector for the LCD. The part that is actually attached to the logic board, so it may or may not be an easy fix.

I don't think it's feasible to get a good connection for the LCD without keeping the latch in tact. Can it be done? Probably. Should it be done? Nope. I've been able to find a new latch for the iPad 2 previously, but haven't needed one yet for the iPad 3.

It doesn't look like iFixit carries the part, neither do my normal suppliers. I had to browse through Chinese supplier sites until I found someone who carried it last time. I'd suggest you do the same. I looked around, but didn't see anything right away. If you can't find it, leave me a comment and I'll see if I can dig up a link.

Thank you .... I just had a similar problem i removed the battery connection let it set for a minute or 2 it works great ....Thank you so much for posting... the internet is a miracle!!

Yes a real blessing

How to remove the battery connection in iPad 3

I have an iPad 4 that I just replaced the digitizer in. The lcd worked perfect. I went to turn it on after replacing it and it wouldn't come on so I thought it was dead. I put the ipad on charge and it made a charging noise. But after leaving it on charge a while it still didn't come on. Please help.i have double checked everything to make sure it was hooked up right and it is nothing is wrong with anything. Also the home button isn't working so don't know how to do a hard reset after that and the computer recognizes it but it has a pass code I can't put it.

Did u fix it?

MIke, AWESOME! Blog! that worked for me and I've been trying for a week trying to figure out WTF! happen to my iPad...and I have searched through everywhere for an answer and yours is the only one that worked....thank you!

Very helpful. I thought my ipad was dead. After reading this post I blindly put the ipad in dfu mode and restart it and display came back. Many Thanks

I changed my iPad 3 screen after that It won't turn on what can be the problem

my ipad 4 turn off automatically while charging and cannot turn on until now. it comes out with apple logo, loading and apple logo again. i send my ipad to technician, he said maybe because of battery, he change to the new battery, it works!! can be turn on.. but after a while, it turn off back. why???? i so worried #prayformyipad

Lmao is it jailbroken?

My problem turned out to be the pre-installed home button was installed wrong.

I need help here my ipad wont trun on i replaced the screen and it was working before i replaced the screen and i did fix the screen couples of times my kids dropped several times but never had this problem before

My ipad3 problem is

- black screen, i try to see with torch, there is no picture at all (apple logo, etc)

- iTunes not detect when screen attached, only dfu mode will detected.

- if i remove the screen, iTunes detect it normally, just need respond for trusted the device.

- if i remove the screen, and try to charging, there is a beeping sound repeatedly.

Please help, Please help, :'(

Thanks,

Now my ipad 2 back to life

You're magic

David will be eternally grateful.