How to remove scratches from the back of an iPhone 5?

How can I remove scratches from the back of an iPhone 5 without replacing the rear panel?

Unlike plastic or glass the color is only within the anodized finish (similar to paint) so any abrasive will only expose more of the base metal.

You could try using a magic marker to color the area so it's not so noticeable. Otherwise, you'll need to get a case to prevent any more scratches.

If you are talking about the metal you can actually just rub it off, unless its a really deep scratch. Scratches from keys and such rub right off! Works on mine! If you could tell me how to get rid of a back glass scratch that would be great!

The anodized finish is not very deep so you will expose the base metal. A little finger grease can hide a small scratch. Whatever you do don't use a polish as it will not help and can remove the finish. Not much you can do to clear a scratch on the older iPhone glass parts.

there are scratches on the back of my new iphone 6 (gold) Please help me on how to remove it, some scratches are bit deep, but they dont want to replace my phone even when i received it the scratches are already there.

Sorry not much you can do here ;-{

Polishing an anodized finish is very tricky! Its at best 2 mils in thickness so anything too abrasive will fully remove the finish. So instead of gold finish is will be the exposed aluminum underneath. What is Anodizing?

I would recommend not trying anything, just find a good case to hide things.

rub a little white toothpaste in a circular motion over the scratches. wait few minutes then rub off toothpaste gently with barely wet paper towels or soft lint free cloth. scratches should be gone

Kai Totzek will be eternally grateful.