0

melissa
1

iPod classic 160GB wont turn on and wont even charge?

I have an Ipod classic 160gb the thick version and when its not plugged into the computer or the wall charger it wont turn on, but when i plug it into the computer or wall charger all that comes on the screen is a picture of a battery with an orange triangle with an exclamation mark in side it saying "Charging, Please Wait...

I have let it charge for 12 hours and its still showing the same picture and the battery in the picture is still in the red but as soon as i take it off the charger or off the computer the screen goes blank and it wont turn on. I have let it charge, i made sure the hold button was off, i have tried to reset it and nothing has worked. I was going to try and restore it but the computer wont even read it or notice its connected. HELP!!!! what do I need to do???????

Edited by: mayer ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

2

melissa, the very first thing you want to do is to make sure that your cable is okay. you can check that with another iDevice. If it is, check the dock connector of the iPod. make sure there is no debris, bend or broken pins. You can clean it with isopropyl alcohol and some compressed air. If that still does not work, it may be time to change your battery. Here is the guide for that. Hope this helps, good luck.