The Samsung Intercept is an Android smartphone with a screen resolution of 240×400 and does not have a camera flash.

boots up but touch screen wont work to unlock the screen

Recently dropped phone in a puddle. pulled out the battery and dried it out for around 3-4 days days now under and mild mild heat lamp. the phone doesnt get hot, just warm. The other day i booted it up and got to the screen lock screen. But the touch screen wont work at all. anything i can do?

History:

had dropped it previously and phone continued to work. has a single crack across the screen but never lost the ability to use the touch screen at all. basically no affect. Then something went wrong with the charging port on the phone i believe. The phone wont charge or recognize something plugged in the micro usb port. So, i found an external battery charger and have been getting my phone to work that way.

Have you tried to plug it in while disassembled and measured the input at the micro usb port? From left to right it should be:

1 VCC Red +5 VDC

2 D- White Data -

3 D+ Green Data +

4 ID May be N/C, GND or used as an attached device presence indicator (shorted to GND with resistor)

5 GND Black Ground

My skill level stops at Vcc +5VDC and ground. not sure what white or green data is. From what I can tell though prior to taking it apart. The phone receives no signal of power or anything from the micro usb port. I believe inside the phone a connection must be torn. But i have a means of charging my phone using external batteries. I just need to get my touch screen working from the looks of it.

i droped my screen and its not working i recently fixed the screen after i cracked it. it will go to the lock screen but it is still not working i dont know what to do i would like to get a response fast because i need my phone

There may still be some water damage inside the phone. If you can, try taking the phone completely apart, and checking all the connections and letting it fully dry out if it isn't. It's possible that the drop, and not the water, has caused the damage. In particular, make sure the touch screen is receiving power from the charging port. Let us know if this helps or if you find something, good luck!

I took it apart and it looks ok but still doesnt work. Also how do i check if it is receiving power from the charging port? I cant charge my phone via my charging port. I have to use an external battery charger. Also are there any parts or something i can replace to fix my phone?

Thanks for your time,

Sprinter

its chargeing but i cant type in my passsword the screen would not let me

My phone is charging and everything it just won't swipe what else do you think it can be

Most Helpful Answer

This happened to me recently. I took it to the shop and they showed me how to fix the screen problem.

It's pretty simple, actually...

You have to do an advanced hardware reset by first removing the battery for 30 minutes. Set a timer. After 30 mins, replace the battery and hold the volume down button for another 15 minutes. Set a timer. After 15 minutes, release the volume down and press volume up button rapidly 3 times and then immediately remove the battery again, this time, also remove the sim card. Wait about 30 seconds, and replace battery and sim.

When you power the phone back on, you should get a prompt asking you which hardware component to update., Select "screen sensor" by scrolling through the options with volume down and select it by pressing volume up. The phone will now reset the "screen sensor" hardware data and download the newest hardware update for your phone.

Screen should now be fully functional.

Tried this today on my Samsung and it worked great. Thank you so much!!!

im counting on you!

okay ... so i wanna try to do this but i can't fully understand these instructions

Wait so this works for if your touchscreen has stopped working for any Samsung phone?

Didnt work. Followed the steps, when I powered my phone on it booted up normally without giving any prompts to update any hardware. Touch screen still unresponsive. >.<

I've had this problem, several times before and it was horrible. I was without a phone, but what you would have to do is remove your battery and press and hold your power button 3 times for about 1 minute, make a timer if you have too, one minute, after that it should work fine.

wut do u mean by hold my button 3 times for about 1 min???

use your dick

worked for me

Your a dumbass

Is that what you do ??? Thanks for the help if I had one I'm so frustrated maybe I would try. LOL

*you're* I think the term you're searching for is you're a dumbass

Does your screen not unlock when you open KB? Usually opening keyboard will unlock the generic lock screen. If you have set a pattern or pin, didyou happen to choose a quick unlock key? My intercept gave choices of vol dwn, home, camera, or back buttons. holding the key you choose for 4 seconds will unlock your locked phone. Unfortunately you can also choose no emergency key.

I can only suggest recovery mode if that doesn't work. Power on while holding menu, vol dwn, and end call buttons. Should boot to recovery mode where you can completely restore factory configuration. If you need your contacts or musicor other personal data then you MUST BACK UP FIRST.... There is a back up option in the menu.

that happen to my phone

Hi.

I tried to manually unlock my samsung galaxy smart phone by following some online instructions in hope that I could insert another SIM. When I reached the Service Mode, my phone was turned off and now it no longer works. Can it still be repaired in some way?

how do I fix my phone because it wont let me put in my password because the touchscreen wont work so how can I fix the problem

my ipad tablet fell down and it turns black and not coming responsive anymore. Can you tell me how to fix it?

u may need to put ur phone under a blanket or anything hot. Let it cool down. hope it helps! ;)

P.S. I did this with a wet phone.

Ginny the Durt told me if you rub er down ur crackhole, you might get a good ol phone to start. loads of stink though.

hi, mu samsung A5 is rebooting by pressing power and vol. down and the screen is also on but the touch is not responding , cant unlock the phone or do anything..please help

I have put face unlock then I deactivate it but then slide lock is not working and I can't unlock my android lava 455. I can't access any menu. Only I can receive calls and power on off. Plz help me.

I drop my phone often because I throw it up in the air and catch it like a toy. Though it had fell and I tried to use it 10 minutes later and the touchscreen wasn't working. I used all of the methods above and none of them worked (Unless it takes and hour for the methods to take effect). Finally, I took my phone in rage and smacked it really hard against a pillow really stuffed with clothes and I tried using it and it worked good as new.

Sprinter will be eternally grateful.