Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

will screen and screen assembly from A1126 fix on A1175?

Hi, my LCD on my MacBookpro A1175 is broken. I know someone who has a full working display unit (lcd plus screen assembly) for a A1126. The connections look the same (I opened my unit). Do you know if it would work on my macine? Is there a way to find out for sure?

The model number A1176 corresponds to a battery, not a laptop. Could you take a run through ID your Mac for the model number? We can then give you the most accurate answer. Thanks!

I think you'll find that A1126 is indeed a model number for a 15" Macbook Pro

As Ben states, A1175 is indeed a Mac Pro battery, and in addition A1126 is an airport card for iBook G4's. ;o)

A1175 is the MacBookPro1,1 glossy screen model that was introduced in May 2006 and carried the order #s MA600LL and MA601LL.

A rare numbering duplication by Apple?

I think Kyle and Wayne must mean A1226 (MacBookPro3,1). I have never seen an A1126 MacBook Pro (which would put it earlier than the first release of the 15" A1150 (MacBookPro1,1).

Re: Ben, A1176 is also the model number for Macmini1,1 and Macmini2,1 (early 2006–mid 2007 models).

Open Terminal and type:

ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

It will show you exactly which screen you have.

You can also visit

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/ap...

to get information about your mac, entering the s/n.

The site is dutch but with english translations provided.

There are a lot of different screen specs on the MBP range which are not always interchangeble.

Scot will be eternally grateful.