0

cmanobianco
1

iPhone 5 replacement screen

Any idea when the iPhone 5 replacement screens will be available for purchase? In a week? a month?

Edited by: Scott Head ( ) , cmanobianco ( )

I would like to know this too, Ive just cracked mine and Im desprate to get a replacement. Apple are charging £199!!!!

Danielle,

where is the cheapest site to buy an replacement screen?

dave,

2

Scott Head

iPhone 5 Display Assembly (LCD, Front Panel/Digitizer Only)

Front panel glass/digitizer and LCD screen for iPhone 5. Does not include home button assembly, front camera assembly, earpiece speaker, or the LCD shield plate. — 50+ available at 54.95 each.

2

Gary
37

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to damage the iPhone 5 so quickly!!

I got my screen on Saturday from RepairsUniverse here - iPhone 5 Screen. It arrived yesterday and my iPhone is now like new again.

Got the case too so hopefully it will last longer 2nd time round :)

Edited by: Gary ( )

Hopefully they get more in stock soon!

cmanobianco,

I think they were one of the companies I contacted earlier today, do you mind saying how much you paid for it?

Danielle,

0

Micle Arons
25

Do It Yourself

Arguably the trickiest option here and one that’s only right for those happy to open up their beloved device and void any remaining warranty. Depending on your model, this can either be remarkably easy or a bit of a drag. The iPhone 5 made it a lot easier to replace the display assembly but replacement parts are still very expensive at over $200 at least for the front construction. Remember – you cannot replace only the glass but you must replace the whole construction: glass, digitiser and LCD included. If you were to buy this replacement iPhone 5 screen at around $ 87.88, you could save around $80 on the Apple cost by repairing an iPhone 5 yourself assuming your time is free.

Edited by: Micle Arons ( )