iPhone 5

iPhone 5 replacement screen

Any idea when the iPhone 5 replacement screens will be available for purchase? In a week? a month?

I would like to know this too, Ive just cracked mine and Im desprate to get a replacement. Apple are charging £199!!!!

by Danielle

where is the cheapest site to buy an replacement screen?

by dave

iFixit now has these in stock:

iPhone 5 Display Assembly (LCD, Front Panel/Digitizer Only)

Most Helpful Answer

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to damage the iPhone 5 so quickly!!

I got my screen on Saturday from RepairsUniverse here - iPhone 5 Screen. It arrived yesterday and my iPhone is now like new again.

Got the case too so hopefully it will last longer 2nd time round :)

Hopefully they get more in stock soon!

by cmanobianco

I think they were one of the companies I contacted earlier today, do you mind saying how much you paid for it?

by Danielle

Do It Yourself

Arguably the trickiest option here and one that’s only right for those happy to open up their beloved device and void any remaining warranty. Depending on your model, this can either be remarkably easy or a bit of a drag. The iPhone 5 made it a lot easier to replace the display assembly but replacement parts are still very expensive at over $200 at least for the front construction. Remember – you cannot replace only the glass but you must replace the whole construction: glass, digitiser and LCD included. If you were to buy this replacement iPhone 5 screen at around $ 87.88, you could save around $80 on the Apple cost by repairing an iPhone 5 yourself assuming your time is free.

cmanobianco will be eternally grateful.