0

thy2134
1

MBP 10 Mid 13 trackpad replacement with 15's

Hi

My MBP 10 mid 13" s trackpad have some cracks, and i want to replace it.

Someone gave me a broken 10 Mid MBP 15" and the trackpad is safe.

So, can I replace my 13"s trackpad with the 15"s trackpad?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , thy2134 ( )

1

Dan

One way to tell if they are the same is review the iFixIt guides for the two systems to see if they look the same and have the same connections.

If someone has a parts blow-up for the two systems they might be able to tell you if the P/N's are the same in which case that would imply they are interchangeable.

0

madmaxmedia
67

The part numbers are different, however the 2 trackpads come with different cables. So it may be that the trackpads are incompatible, or it may be that the trackpads themselves are identical but the cables are different (they route to different locations on the motherboard, I am guessing the connectors are the same though.)

EDIT-

I can now verify that the mid-2209 13 and 15 MBP trackpads are the same, it is only the connector cable that is different between the 2 sizes.

Keep in mind that there was at least 1 generational change in trackpads, the original unibody models (pre mid-2009) had trackpads that were physically different (the little hinge nubs on the bottom of the trackpad are in different places, it's easy to spot once you know what to look for.)

From mid-2009 to 2010 (and maybe later), the 13 and 15 trackpads should all be the same. I'm not sure if Apple has made any changes to recent MBP trackpads though.

Edited by: madmaxmedia ( )