iPod Touch 4th Generation

Model No. A1367 / 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

How can I fix my iPod touch 4th generation screen sensor?

I dropped my iPod touch 4th generation and now the screen sensor isn't working when I try to unlock my iPod. How can I fix this????

does it really work

by Esmeralda

Kayla, the first thing I would try and do, is to restart your iPod. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears. If that does not work, try to reset your iPod. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. If that does not work, it may be time to open up the iPod and take a look at the connectors,making sure they are all properly seated and that none of them are broken or torn. If there is no obvious damage, it may just be time to replace the front assembly. Follow these guidesto work on your iPod. Hope this helps, good luck.

I tried restarting it but I can't slide the red power thing over because the screen sensor isn't working :/

by Kayla

In that case, it is definitely time to replace your touch screen (digitizer) the iPod Touch 4th gen has a fused digitizer/LCD so you will have to replace the front assembly.

by oldturkey03

mine exploded. how do i don't know how to get it to work again cuz the screen is all white and i can only see the time. help me please

by Jonny

I tried reseti it and now my enitre screen wont work

by Aja horne

Can someome help me plz

by Aja horne

Not so fast. iPods just like any other computer system have the tendency to freeze up. If this is the problem, the solution is just to power cycle it. Oldturkey03 was on the right track. However, if your screen freezes, you will not be able to 'slide to power off'. Don't worry though, there is another way. Hold down the power/sleep/wake button on top and then also press and hold the round bottom button. This is the same way you force off the older non-touch screen iPods. The combination of both buttons being pressed and held for some time will force the iPod to shut down. Then just wait 10 seconds or so and hold power/start/wake button again to power it back on. Once it is back on, the touch screen should work again.

While the first of what you say is true, she has already stated she dropped the iPod. There is no guarantee that the screen will respond once it powers on. If not, she will need to replace the screen assembly.

by Wade

I dropped my iPod too and half of the screen wouldn't sense anything (occasionally the sensors wouldn't work at all). I tried turning it off and on again and even resetting it, but nothing worked. Once I got my iPhone I just threw the iPod in a drawer and forgot about it until recently when I found it again. Anyway, whenever the screen starts jumping around or the touch just wont work, I just drop it on the table or slap it against the palm of my hand and that seems to help for a little while.

My iPod suddenly wouldn't let me press the zero or the back butten when typing in my password

When you dropped your iPod you more than likely cracked the touch LCD so do as she had stated by checking that everythingis plugged in but be carful because the plugs on the motherboard are very fragile but if everything is plugged in then you need to replace the touch LCD because mine had the sameproblem everything worked exept the touch because I cracked the touch part

i took my iPod apart like a idiot to fix the home button but when i put it back together i wouldn't slide or anything and checked to see if i tore the connecter i saw i didnt and i cant reset it cause my sleep/wake doesnt work HELP me

by lillypade1999

only the bottom side touch is not working.how to fix it

i need help. my screen just shows lines on the screen everytime i turn it on. i tried resetting and restarting it doesnt wok. uuuuuu

Ive had my IPOD 3gen for years now, i had dropped it and it smashed it the right corner. It seems ive spotted a rigged end to this material-thing in my ipod. The display screen is broken and the ipod doesn't sense my finger at all. UGH' please help!

hey I droped my ipod 5 and the screen is covered in colorful lines and I cant see anything but the colorful lines how would I fix that

Kayla will be eternally grateful.