1

rayford
13

No video, no audio

Just like the title says, my Xbox 360 has stopped displaying video, and I have no audio. I've tried switching from HDMI to component cables, and also using a friends HDMI cable and TV, to no avail. My TV still displays "NO SIGNAL," while his actually displays an incredibly distorted/warped version of the boot up screen, but, again, no sound.

I've heard that a fix requires a saudering re-flow, but I don't know what of. I've also not tried to "towel trick" quite yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by: oldturkey03, machead3, and pollytintop ( )

First off, don't do the "towel trick" It will cause you lots of problems after (been there). Of course, you did make sure that you have power on your XBox. You did not tell us if you have any red lights blinking etc. Does your Xbox show any sign of life?

Hey. Sorry for the delayed response. Yeah, definitely have power on the box. Even tried with with my roommates TV and power supply, just to make sure it wasn't an easy fix. I don't have any blinking red lights. Only lights I get are the normal ones that illuminate when I power the 'box on. Beyond no video/audio, everything appears normal.

rayford,

1

Dave Smith
67

XClamp fix and careful with a heat gun on the board will get it going again, but you are right - to do it properly it needs to be reflowed, you can likely find someone who will do this in your area for quite cheap with a reflow station.

0

Zach Ledbetter
157

I've actually had this problem myself with an xbox, and unfortunately my only advice is to let the console run for a short while, and unplug and replug while it's running, and then turn it off and on a few times. It's not very technical at all, but after about five straight minutes of doing this, I eventually got a signal. Best of luck to you!