Mid 2006 / model number A1181 / black or white case / 1.83 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo processor.

after screen replacement only the Mac start up screen?

I just finished replacing the screen and one clutch hinge on my macbook. It is a 2.4 ghz Penryn 13", core duo. It took a significant spill which brought about the repairs. It came to life normally with the broken screen enough that I could get some data off of it. Now after the repair I just get the Mac grey start up screen. Any ideas

What happens when you either put a bootable OS-X CD/DVD in the optical drive or external Firewire HD which is bootable?

If you didn't clean corrosion or residue after the "significant spill" there could be damage to the display data cable and / or the inverter. Try connecting to an external monitor. If there's no video there it would point to logic board/VGC (VPU) damage. If it works run the AHT and see what it finds.

If this answer was helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

achra64 will be eternally grateful.