Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Does transparent back still have protective film over the lens?

I bought and installed the transparent back for the iPhone 4 GSM. Looks great. The install video references a hard-to-see protective film over the camera lens. I tried scraping away at that area and couldn't get anything to come loose. Photos seem to look just fine, so I don't want to risk getting things scratched if there actually isn't a cover there.

usually no there is not. but a good way to check is to get a pin and ust poke around the camera lens area on both sides. if there is a film there you will see an indentation in it, which then yoiu will be able to remove.

i have bought and installed many transparent backs and only 1 has had a protective film over the lens area.

i hope this helps :)

jdagen5 will be eternally grateful.