Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

No audio or volume control except on headphones possible cause

Hi, I was handed an iPhone 4S with a very strange issue. There is no audio except for the ringer and phone calls. Eventually y discovered that when you connect it to a dock or cable and disconnect it, it starts to work properly again.

After a while it starts failing again. Headphones work great BTW.

I discovered that the bottom dock connector on the iPhone is somewhat loose because if you insert a plastic pin and try to bend it just a little, It starts working again.

Basically it is like it is always detecting it is connected to a dock speakers or something.

My question to you is. Should this be fixed by replacing the dock connector or the sound system.

I have checked both guides, I just want the opinion of professionals.

Regards,

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Yes - replacing the dock connector should cure these symptoms :)

victorsuarezpuig will be eternally grateful.