Nook Tablet

7" multimedia tablet by Barnes & Noble, released in November of 2011. Fixes are easy and require simple prying tools and screwdrivers.

My nook won't charge.

Is there a way to replace the power input on the bottom of the unit? When I plug in the power cord it doesn't sit properly. I bought a new cable and have the same issue.

Anthony, here is the teardown for the Nook Tablet. It does show you how to get to the connector. It appears to be soldered to the board. Once you have the tablet apart, you may have to scour places like mouser.com or digikey.com to find a match for the part.

Mentioned Items

I wanted to go on my tablet/nook and it wouldn't turn on. when i plugged it in it goes green for a couple of seconds and it went orange for about 5 seconds and went off, i have left it over night and see if it could get enough power to turn on and it didn't i even put it on charge for 2-3 months.

i left it for a day and i plugged it back in and it stayed green for about 3-4 minutes and turned off again because i had it at a angle.

my dad bought a new nook charger lead and hopefully it works.

Anthony will be eternally grateful.