Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Right edge of touch screen does not work?

I am new to repairing phones and Im trying to help my buddy fix his iphone 4. About a 1/4 inch of the right edge of touchscreen does not work from top to bottom ex: only the left side of the backspace button works, and I am unable to use any letters on right edge of keyboard. He had purchased this phone thru a repair shop so Im sure its been rebuilt. I would like to get some ideas before I get into the phone.

Is the screen damaged at all?

hangloosemx, I suggest you double check all your connections.Check the pins on the inside of the connector, make sure they are not bend. Usually, if only part of a digitizer is unresponsive, it is a faulty digitizer. you may want to contact the vendor for a refund, or a new part.

hangloosemx will be eternally grateful.