Display Shows black and white lines, no more.

Hello Everyone!

I have a problem with my Mac Mini A1003 (PowerPC). Every time I turn it on my display just shows black, red and white shaky lines and can't see anything else, no background no icons, nothing. Also, when i move the mouse i can see a 1 square inch white square moving around instead of the normal pointer.

Does anyone know what this is?? Is it an easy fix where i can just by the part and change it myself or is it time for a new computer?

Thanks for the help

Sounds like VGC (VPU) problems there really isn't a DIY fix for that - you'd need a replacement logic board, or, to have that one reflowed . IMnsHO that money and time would be better put towards a new machine.

If this answer was helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

I didn't have high hopes for it so i think it would be best to not waste my time or money on such an old machine. Unless i find a very, very cheap replacement logic board around ebay or anywhere else, i think it might be time to say goodbye.

Thank you for your help

afebresm2 will be eternally grateful.