MacBook Pro will not recognize new battery
After replacing my battery my machine will not recognize the new battery:
3882466E, Unit is 3 yrs old had original battery in it. Battery was not holding charge longer then a hour or so also receiving message from the battery icon "Condition: Replace Now". I ordered the battery from www.LaptopBatteryOne.com,. Original battery was "A1322 they sent me a A1322 After market replacement. I watched M.J's video (she is SOOOO cute) I installed it as she described by from the video. I ran the Coconut-battery, Battery charge shows 100%, Battery Capacity 100%. I also got this from Coconut: Mac Model MacbookPro5,5 Age of Mac 35 mouths Bat Load cycle 5 Bat Temp 29.8c . Ok I called Laptopbatteryone and they sent me a trouble shooting guide. BELOW I followed the steps NO good. HELLPPP
APPLE LAPTOP BATTERY TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
• Apple Battery Status: “Replace Soon, Replace Now, Service Battery”
If you are getting any of these status messages with your new Apple replacement battery, try the following steps:
• Tip #1
• Insert new battery, plug in AC adapter, and start up laptop.
• After laptop has completed booted, remove battery and reinsert it.
• If the issue persists, you may need to reset the System Management Controller (SMC)
• Tip #2 – Resetting the SMC:
• For detailed instructions on resetting the SMC, please visit Apple’s website at:
Is this a good question?