Skip to main content

Original post by: Rany ,


It is a bit hard to say for sure, given the picture is not clear enough, but I believe a microsoldering tech can scratch and find a nub of the trace.

Then it would be possible to tin that nub, and jumper the fan cable to it directly, altogether skipping the connector.

Heat should be used very conservatively to avoid damaging the keyboard.

I would do it this way myself and charge less than the cost of replacing he keyboard (your second option) or your whole top case (your third option).

To say for sure that this is feasible would require the device to be on my bench.

So my advice to you is to find a reputed microsoldering tech near you, and let her/him have a look and quote you a price.