Help

Original post by: Minho ,

Text:

If you really care about the photos on your phone, then send it to a professional asap. Water damaged phones degrade quickly over time. Luckily, you only left it in rice for one day and you put it in IPA.

The water is inside the phone, on the logic board and under the shields, even under the IC's. The rice is nowhere near where the water is. So while it may soak up some water vapour, the real problem is the corrosion that is taking place as the water evaporates.  Powering on the phone accelerates the process. The longer you let a phone sit in rice, the more time you are giving corrosion to damage your logic board. The saltier or harder the water is, the more damage will occur.

A professional shop will remove the shields, immerse the board in Branson EC solution inside a sweep frequency ultrasonic bath and then troubleshoot the problem.

Now if you want to try things yourself, then a new battery, charge port and screen may solve your problem. Realistically though, the problem is with the logic board and time is not on your side here.

Status:

open