Skip to main content
Help

Original post by: Pali Madra ,

Text:

Hi,

The same happened with me about a week back.  The Macbook Pro (retina) was switched off when the spill happened. I tried powering on the Macbook but it did not work.

I dried out the MacBook Pro with a hair dryer and also by putting it in the sun for four days. Some water also seems to have crept into the screen.

The good news is that now my Macbook works only when the power is plugged in. The Macbook does not work when I try to get it to start on battery. The battery indicator does not show a charge and says battery needs replacement.

Since I'm based out of India service is provided by third party service provider and they have not been helpful at all.

Has anyone faced similar problems?  Can this be fixed? This was my first MacBook and it had only been 3 months since I bought it :-(. .

Status:

open