Skip to main content
Help

Current version by: Jeff Snyder ,

Text:

Microwave repair is a dangerous endeavor if you don't know what you're doing:
 
* TheThe capacitor inside can hold up to 300 volts which can do some real damage

*

*
The magnatronmagnetron ceramic is incredibly toxic
* TheThe capacitor inside can hold up to 300 volts which can do some real damage

*

*
The magnatronmagnetron ceramic is incredibly toxic
 
That said, a fuse replacement is a relatively easy fix. (The main fuse should be on the main board next to the power input.) However, a blown fuse is sometimes just the symptom of a different problem in the microwave.
 
I fix anything and everything that breaks in my house—but outside of a simple fuse swap, I wouldn't try to fix the microwave myself.

Status:

open

Original post by: Jeff Snyder ,

Text:

Microwave repair is a dangerous endeavor if you don't know what you're doing:

*  The capacitor inside can hold up to 300 volts which can do some real damage

* The magnatron ceramic is incredibly toxic

That said, a fuse replacement is a relatively easy fix. (The main fuse should be on the main board next to the power input.) However, a blown fuse is sometimes just the symptom of a different problem in the microwave.

I fix anything and everything that breaks in my house—but outside of a simple fuse swap, I wouldn't try to fix the microwave myself.

Status:

open