Skip to main content
Help

Current version by: oldturkey03 ,

Text:

Ed Sailor, '''do not try to charge, turn-on or use your device just yet'''. It is possible that you could make a bad situation worse. You would not want to create any more short circuits:-) Remove the battery and dispose of it properly. I make the assumption (and you know what they say about that) that you cleaned the logic board and all its connectors with a high grade of isopropyl alcohol and a soft brush. If you have not, you do want to do that. Rice is great for cooking, but that is about it. Placing a submerged electronic device in rice is the equivalent of doing nothing. So, once the board, connectors and everything else is cleaned and visually inspected, '''replace the battery''' and reevaluate. It is possible that you have shorted out the touch controller IC or just the digitizer. Replace the assembly if it does not work on re-evaluation Water damage is the toughest to troubleshoot and to repair, but there is always hope. Nothing to lose. Hope this helps, good luck.
 
== Update ==
This may be a better way. Purchase the complete assembly from places [http://www.amazon.com/display-Screen-Digitizer-Assembly-Motorola/dp/B00IUD2RR8|like this.] The images from ifixit.com and techinsights.com show what you are looking at
[image|377087][image|377088]

Status:

open

Edit by: oldturkey03 ,

Text:

Ed Sailor, '''do not try to charge, turn-on or use your device just yet'''. It is possible that you could make a bad situation worse. You would not want to create any more short circuits:-) Remove the battery and dispose of it properly. I make the assumption (and you know what they say about that) that you cleaned the logic board and all its connectors with a high grade of isopropyl alcohol and a soft brush. If you have not, you do want to do that. Rice is great for cooking, but that is about it. Placing a submerged electronic device in rice is the equivalent of doing nothing. So, once the board, connectors and everything else is cleaned and visually inspected, '''replace the battery''' and reevaluate. It is possible that you have shorted out the touch controller IC or just the digitizer. Replace the assembly if it does not work on re-evaluation Water damage is the toughest to troubleshoot and to repair, but there is always hope. Nothing to lose. Hope this helps, good luck.
Ed Sailor, '''do not try to charge, turn-on or use your device just yet'''. It is possible that you could make a bad situation worse. You would not want to create any more short circuits:-) Remove the battery and dispose of it properly. I make the assumption (and you know what they say about that) that you cleaned the logic board and all its connectors with a high grade of isopropyl alcohol and a soft brush. If you have not, you do want to do that. Rice is great for cooking, but that is about it. Placing a submerged electronic device in rice is the equivalent of doing nothing. So, once the board, connectors and everything else is cleaned and visually inspected, '''replace the battery''' and reevaluate. It is possible that you have shorted out the touch controller IC or just the digitizer. Replace the assembly if it does not work on re-evaluation Water damage is the toughest to troubleshoot and to repair, but there is always hope. Nothing to lose. Hope this helps, good luck.

Status:

open

Edit by: oldturkey03 ,

Text:

Ed Sailor, '''do not try to charge, turn-on or use your device just yet'''. It is possible that you could make a bad situation worse. You would not want to create any more short circuits:-) Remove the battery and dispose of it properly. I make the assumption (and you know what they say about that) that you cleaned the logic board and all its connectors with a high grade of isopropyl alcoholalcohol and a soft brush. If you have not, you do want to do that. Rice is great for cooking, but that is about it. Placing a submerged electronic device in rice is the equivalent of doing nothing. So, once the board, connectors and everything else is cleaned and visually inspected, '''repalcereplace the battery''' and reevaluate. Water damage is the toughest to troubleshoot and to repair, but there is always hope. Nothing to lose. Hope this helps, good luck.
Ed Sailor, '''do not try to charge, turn-on or use your device just yet'''. It is possible that you could make a bad situation worse. You would not want to create any more short circuits:-) Remove the battery and dispose of it properly. I make the assumption (and you know what they say about that) that you cleaned the logic board and all its connectors with a high grade of isopropyl alcoholalcohol and a soft brush. If you have not, you do want to do that. Rice is great for cooking, but that is about it. Placing a submerged electronic device in rice is the equivalent of doing nothing. So, once the board, connectors and everything else is cleaned and visually inspected, '''repalcereplace the battery''' and reevaluate. Water damage is the toughest to troubleshoot and to repair, but there is always hope. Nothing to lose. Hope this helps, good luck.

Status:

open

Original post by: oldturkey03 ,

Text:

Ed Sailor, I make the assumption that you cleaned the board and all its connectors with a high grade of isopropyl alcohol. If you have not, you do want to do that. Rice is great for cooking, but that is about it. Placing a submerged electronic device in rice is the equivalent of doing nothing. So, once the board, connectors and everything else is cleaned and visually inspected, '''repalce the battery''' and reevaluate.

Status:

open