Help

Original post by: oldturkey03 ,

Text:

Jared, treat it the same way as you would treat any other device that was submerged. With any immersion, the importance is to not turn it on, or trying to sync/charge it, as this may increase the likelihood of shortcircuiting any components. Remove the battery, and disassemble it right down to [guide|11809|the logic board] . Clean everything with isopropyl alcohol (90%+) and a soft brush, including all connectors and cable ends. Check for any burned or missing components. You may have to repeat this step a couple of times. Once it is cleaned, reassemble it and ''' replace the battery''', then reevaluate for any real damage. If your LCD continues to heat up, I'd start with replacing that as well. Should this fail, you most likely have problems with the backlight IC and coil as well as multiple other components. Water damage is the most complicated repair since any one component can fail.  Hope this helps, good luck.

Status:

open