Steve Jobs just announced the new iPhone 4. We were surprised that some of the inner workings of the phone were revealed, a first for Apple.
Some great new features of the new iPhone 4:
- Glass front and back, steel frame. The frame is used as part of the antenna system, which should make reception much better.
- Apple A4 processor confirmed.
- 5MP camera with LED flash, shoots 720p video at 30 FPS!
- “Retina Display” with 326 ppi density. That translates to a 3.5″ display with a 960×460 resolution, 78% of the pixels of the much-larger iPad.
- A new battery that allows for “7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music…”
- A three-axis gyroscope!
- Video conferencing with a front-facing camera through Wi-Fi.
This is how the internal frame/antennas look:
Apple also showed off some of the manufacturing processes for the iPhone 4 frame:
Pre-orders start on June 15th; you’ll be able to hold one in your hands (and we’ll be tearing one down) on the 24th. Big thanks to Engadget for providing the photos. Go figure, we’re not on Apple’s invite list for these events!