New iFixit T-Shirts!

April 29, 2009 Events — Miro

Fix Macs Yourself!

With Maker Faire around the corner, we decided to offer a new t-shirt to the masses. The shirt encourages you to fix Macs yourself with a variety of tools, although we’d prefer you to limit yourself to the screwdriver when doing actual repairs. We’re selling them for $9.95 plus whatever it costs to get the shirt to you. However, the first ten people that send us an email will get an all-expenses-paid trip to their mail box to pick up their free t-shirt! (The shirt is free for everyone in the U.S.; however, anyone outside the U.S. needs to cover the shipping price difference.) This is our small thank-you for reading the blog and being super-awesome by extending the life of your Mac. Note: We’ve now given away all the stirts, thanks for your interest.

Have a cool iFixit t-shirt design in mind? Want to let the world know how much you like repairing Macs? Post a comment and let us know!

6 Comments

1. (image of a mac)
    iHaveit
    iLoveit
    iFixit

Comment by firas — April 29, 2009 @ 2:53 pm

2. Thanks for saving my bacon many times over the years. The money I’ve saved doing repairs myself helped me save enough money to buy another Mac! You guys are awesome. Thanks again.

Comment by Todd Nadeau — May 14, 2009 @ 7:08 am

3. You were a great assistance when i had to repair my iMac some 8 months ago when i needed to solve the capacitor problem and power “lapses”! many thanks again.
    Regards,
    S&F
    Alan

Comment by Alan Breward — May 14, 2009 @ 7:38 am

4. Haven’t used any of your guides yet but I love reading them =) I’m hoping to use it to replace the harddrive in my MacBook White

Comment by Siddif — May 14, 2009 @ 12:10 pm

5. I’ve been taking total advantage of your fix-it guides for many moons now and just want to say “Thanks” for all of the fantastic, “common sensecal” direction you have afforded me in my various repairs and replacements to my macs over the years. With your guides all that’s needed (besides the replacement parts) is the confidence to tackle the task and the money you saved me was very nice, too.

Comment by Jeff Fox — May 14, 2009 @ 8:03 pm

6. We like the T-Shirt Concept a lot, just not the design! More designs please, maybe something simple with your logo on the front.

Comment by QEII Repair — May 19, 2009 @ 10:17 am