Guides I've Contributed To
Page 1 of 13
- Have a 4S that has water damage but everything seems to work except it won't restore. When connected to iTunes it says the ph...
- Been doing iPhone repair for 4+ years...never seen this, especially on a 4S. Phone is completely dead. Plugged into wall, com...
- I have an iPhone 4S that has water damage. The power/lock button doesn't work anymore, but if I plug it in it will boot up. I...
- After repairing a broken screen on this iphone 4 the front camera does not work. HELP!
- Ok, so I do iPhone repairs. I have run into something very odd that i have no seen before. So I have this phone that has a br...
- Got a broken screen iPad 2, ordered the parts and did the repair myself. I have done multiple iPad 2 screens, so I am pretty ...
- The connections are hard to get on properly when closing up the iPhone 5. I had a similar issue on a repair before but reconnected the cables and was very careful closing up. Try that.
- Sounds like the charge port isn't working properly anymore.
- The reason why the corners don't sit right is because the rear housings that are available are aftermarket. I actually stopped providing rear housing replacement in my repair shop because of this. I could never get them to sit properly. It does sound like the LCD connector is not seated properly. Have you tried a hard reset after closing the phone up?
- I have had something similar happen before. The phone would power up and work fine until I threw the back on and then once the metal prongs on the bottom of the back touched the midframe to screw in, it would shut off. Try changing the battery. I cannot remember exactly what corrected my issue, but it bugged me to no end. It was a customer's phone. LOL Eventually did figure it out. Sorry I can't remember for certain what it was...
- Sounds like the circuit that controls the cell signal was fried.
- This issue has already been resolved. 90% of the time the jumper cable connection mentioned by Don L in the first answer is the solution. I have come across this issue many times. It is NOT a software issue. and most of the time it is NOT a camera issue. Replacing the camera will rarely VERY rarely help.
- Sounds like you may have put the tape on and it is covering the holes for the sound coming through the ear speaker.
- Props for the repair attempt on your own, but this is why it is important to just pay the extra price and send it to someone with experience. Based on what you are telling us it sounds like you either have not connected the new screen properly or the new screen was defective or damaged during install. You also may have damaged the connectors which might be why the connector wont plug on.
- Charge/dock port may be bad. Try a different USB cable or USB port.
- There are 2 possibilities here: 1 - the digitizer and LCD cables were not connected properly/well 2 - the digitizer and LCD were damaged during the button replacement More than likely it sounds like the digitizer and LCD were both damaged. You will need to replace those.
Page 1 of 7