Teardowns I've Worked On
My Favorite Guides
- Hello, I've repaired my DS lite (because the upper screen didn't work). After that, I reassembled it and it doesn't work anym...
- Hello, My friend dropped her computer from 1-2 feet. When she started the device, it works normally (keyboards lights= OK) bu...
- Hello, my phone has a peculiar problem (not very serious but a little annoying): it turns on at midnight (even during a full ...
- I did not found the solution (there are not timer in the options). So I reinstalled the firmware in my phone and it doesn't turn on at 12.00 anymore (nor at 5:15 PM, by the way). Thanks Chris for your answer anyway.
- Otwerwise, use a BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool (link: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/ ). It works with Acer BIOS and a lot of others. Good luck... Source: http://passwordreset.org/bios/bypass-bios-password-or-crack-cmos-password.html
- Hello, Why do you want to sync it to iTunes? If it's for backup, try to copy all files to your computer by using Linux (in a live CD: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download ). Now let's talk about your screen: try to teardown it and check all connectors (link: iPhone 3G Teardown from step 12). If you don't want to teardown it (you're afraid to break something), the best solution is to see a qualified technician to solve the problem... I hope these advice were useful for you...
- So, do you try to restore it? (make a backup before because by restoring your iPod, you will lose all data in it).
- Well... Try to put a paper or something thin (~1mm) between the tray and the SIM then put it on the phone. I can't guarantee you that this will work but why not trying?
- Hello, I'm sorry to tell you that but that's not very possible (see Step 17 of this teardown: iPod Touch 4th Generation Teardown : For those of you who are wondering, there's no way the iPhone 4's rear camera can be installed in the Touch without some extreme hackery.). That's why an iPhone is ~$390 more expensive, obviously.
- Possible solutions: - Update iTunes - Downgrade iTunes if you didn't have problems before an upgrade. - Use an another software to burn DVD. - Other Make your choice.
- That depends your processor, your RAM and your Disk Space: if you have less than 2.5 GB in your HDD, 128 MB of RAM or a 300 MHz processor, forget Win XP or 7 and try Ubuntu or NT 4 or Windows 2000 (but I think that Microsoft doesn't update this OS anymore). And an advice: forget Windows ME.
- Hello, Your BIOS may have a problem. Try to unplug the CMOS battery and plug it one hour later. Otherwise, try to use a boot CD (ie: Linux) in order to see whether it's the hard drive or an another thing which is the problem (if you can launch the CD successfully, it's the HDD which has a problem - format it after saving the important files before). Good luck.
- Well. If your son had locked his BIOS, you can remove the motherboard cell. Otherwise, I don't see...
Page 1 of 3