Teardowns I've Worked On
Page 1 of 25
Guides I've Contributed To
Page 1 of 125
My Favorite Guides
- I have rooted G1 running the latest Cyanogen 18.104.22.168. Unfortunately, my camera/camcorde
r app force closes and refuses to open...
- I turned on my MacBook and my Bluetooth was not recognized by the OS. I had to shutdown and restart until it was finally reco...
- Hi. I think you might have to replace the dock connector, which includes the lower microphone. If I'm not mistaken, the lower microphone is used to transmit your voice for calls. Follow the Dock Connector replacement guide to replace the dock connector. Good luck.
- Hi rob. Welcome. You can easily replace the Rear Panel by following the Rear Panel Replacement Guide. Good luck.
- The link you provided is for an Unofficial Cyanogenmod ROM. That being said, you're more than welcome to try out the ROM. It seems the only thing not working at the moment is the Camera/camcorde
r functionality. Best of luck.
- It seems there is a water indicator on the rear inner frame. Its a small sticker with blue X's.
- Hi. It seems you may have a faulty battery. You might want to purchase a Replacement iPhone 4S battery. You can follow our free step-by-step iPhone 4S Battery Replacement guide. Good luck.
- Hi Annamarie. Welcome. Based on what you've described, it seems that the best way to remove the broken glass is piece by piece. I would carefully remove sections of the broken glass with a Metal Spudger Set and then proceed to remove the entire display assembly. When attempting this kind of repair, its best to always wear safety googles. Best of luck.
- Hi. Unfortunately, the LCD and digitizer are fused to the display glass, so the entire unit must be replaced as one piece. We have a Display Assembly replacement guide. Good luck.
- Hi. The triangular washer is a black spacer that is under the Phillips screw near the vibrator. Here's a picture of the spacer. As for the tiny foam block, are you referring to the outer plastic ring located on top of the rear camera's flash assembly?
- Hi. Unfortunately it seems we do not have any repair guides for the Motorola Droid 3 at the moment. But we do have a Motorola Droid 3 Teardown. Be advised though, Teardowns provide a look inside a device and should not be used as disassembly instructions. If your goal is to replace the keyboard, you may follow the teardown at your own risk. Good luck.
- We have a set of user-contributed repair guides for the Nexus One, more specifically a camera replacement guide. Hopefully this will help you out. Good luck.
Page 1 of 7
Thanks for pointing that out! We'll make sure to add it to the teardown.
Hi there. We sell the Screw Set for the MBP 13" Mid 09 which includes the hard drive T6 screws you require. Hope this helps.
Hi there. It seems this guide had a missing prerequisite, the front-facing camera. The removal of the front-facing camera has been added. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Thanks for letting us know.
You know how we do it brah lol =)
Unfortunately there is no third Wi-Fi antenna.
Thanks Dan. The T6 Torx screwdriver is now part of the required tools list.
The rear facing camera is not user replaceable. It is soldered to the logic board. However, the front facing camera is replaceable as seen in step 10.
Quote from Melissa:
Is it possible to replace the trackpad on a MacBook Pro 13inc, my little boy hit it with a pen and cracked it. It still works just has an ugly crack on it. I see I can buy a new track pad just need some instructions on how to go about replacing it. This is my first Mac I am used to PC laptops so never opened a mac before. Some advice or tutorial would be great thank you.
Hi Melissa. Unfortunately, the trackpad is part of the Upper Case. If you wish to replace it, we have a guide for the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Upper Case. Good luck.
Quote from chargit:
I luv this website but man what a bad set of instructions for #4. I have been repairing iPhone's for some time now and just tried my first iPod touch using these instructions...
.not only did I destroy the digitizer, I also destroyed the frame and the lcd! then I went to youtube and for the correct instructions. Im not blaming iFixit but a complete set of instructions would be very helpful!! oh and i still luv this site and I luv the tools I just bought off here!
Page 1 of 2