- oldturkey, No, I did not order a battery elsewhere. Didn't want to waste any more time on the subject, and by that point in time we had resoled ourselves to using it as plugged in ipod and got a new phone instead. Though, thinking back at it, I think the third battery was fine, but the issue was that the phone would not do iOS software updates, something in the process where it complained about not original components. Which is when iFixit support called it quits too. Probably some little part number that didn't match with what it came with from the factory. Installed the old battery, updated fine. I don't remember at this point if I then opened the phone up again to reinstall the last ifixit battery. So part matching is critically important. But, some of the replacement parts / batteries have been sitting on the shelf at iFixit for a while. I would need to check my mail logs to see what all I ran into.
- Ifixit is sending another battery, hopefully will get it any day now.
- I just went through the same thing, new battery => not charging, no wifi, ... lots of troubleshooting
. Nothing. Put the old battery in ... all works normal. Ifixit is sending another which hopefully will work, and not be from some larger defective batch.
- I agree. Typical of a broken video cable in the hinge. You can see the artifact column on the left as you are touching it and then the signal is inverted once you push it farther back. Question is if one can order & replace the cable itself, without the screen? As the assembly is $$$.
- Have you found out anything else? Did you resolve your issue? I just replaced the battery in a 3gs ... most cautiously without doing any visible damage under magnification. Fully assembled: - not charging - doesn't respond to power button - no wifi??? Redid all the steps. Same. Update: I'm still waiting on new exchange battery. Phone has been fine on original battery.
Was hoping there would have been at least one view of the front of the screen, to see if that 75% claimed reduction in reflections holds true.