Page 1 of 2
- I crunched the reed switch on my iBook when replacing the display inverter. Does anyone know of a replacement (and part no.)?...
- If you can't get at it with needle nose pliers, I'm afraid you're going to be opening the upper case. It's not too hard; just take your time: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Insta...-MacBook-Core-2-Duo-Upper-Case/515/1
- If you go to /System/Library
/Extensions/ do you see IOUSBFamily.kex t ?
- What kind of file? Music can be mp3, aac, wav... and iTunes can help you produce and sync those. If video is what you are looking to do there are many programs that help encode a file to the ipod's specs like Handbrake and the defunct VisualHub. Give us more details about what you want to do.
- I got a great deal on Craigslist. Be patient, set up a search and wait. It took about 2 weeks for one to turn up at the right price.
- Two-part epoxy will do the job, but will make getting it open later really tough. I'd go very sparingly with small dots of epoxy. Just enough to hold the frame together.
- I'd try two small dabs of hot glue.
- Does the computer boot at all or are you totally dead?
- I can tell you what the NSA considers a secure wipe: 1) 37-pass erase 2) Crush it 3) 50,000 volts applied 4) incinerate In that order! I'm actually not kidding. :) Cheers!
- iFixit sells a replacement trackpad with the upper case: http://www.ifixit.com/MacBook-Parts/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Model-A1226-Upper-Case/IF185-069 It is listed as "moderate" difficulty. In my experience, if you are careful and take your time, sort screws as you remove them, you'll be fine. Cheers!