Teardowns I've Worked On
Guides I've Contributed To
- Replacing the usb charging port needs the use of a 'hot air' soldering iron. Google for part number 3722-003512 and find a local tv repair shop as they should have the skills and equipment to replace it. Or you can invest in a wireless charging kit (search eBay for 'galaxy s3 wireless charging') and use wifi to move your files..
- When you have a new screen you can use this guide to replace it. If you buy a new screen without the frame, you'll need to remove the broken screen from the metal frame. I'm uploading a video for this in a few days
- Here's a video showing how to replace the battery and all the other parts
- Here's a guide for disassembly http://youtu.be/UT-2zrZ_aNo I hope to have a screen guide up soon...
- When I Google for 'galaxy note n8000 lcd' and clicked the shopping link I found lots of results. If its only the digitizer that's damaged try a search for 'galaxy note n8000 digitizer' and click the shopping link. For a detailed video on how to replace it search youtube for 'galaxy note 10.1 repair' and you should find my video...
- Try this video guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXOOjmeqI...
- The power button is made of a flexible plastic. I don't think there is much you can do to fix it yourself. I would return it again and ask they fit a new button. Or if you can find one online fit it yourself. Its very easy to replace as it pushes out from inside quite easily
Yes you can use some hot air and aim for about 60ºC or as hot as your hands can stand.
Use a thin blade to peel it off and try not to touch the sticky side..
I've had this problem before and it turned out the phone was blocked by the network. Try using checkmend.com . If its not blocked then its going to be a hardware/firmwa
new keys are easy to find online, and you'll need to use a fine tip soldering iron to put the new one on