Teardowns I've Worked On
- Hi again, I am trying to get this iPhone 3gs into DFU mode. I had it going in before with a white screen, but I needed to rep...
- Okay, I've made now three threads about this iPhone. This is my crazy thread. :D So I replaced the dock connector in this wat...
- HI, So my water damaged iPhone came today, and I figured I would go with the water damage repair with the IPA. But, upon furt...
- Hiya, I just got an iPhone 3GS off of eBay with water damage. It hasn't come here yet, but it doesn't look bad from what I've...
- Hello iFixit, After using other's iPods for such a while, I decided to pick up an iPod touch 3rd gen 32GB. I love fixing thin...
- Hello, Where can I get a power button for an iPod touch 3rd gen? I do not see any on eBay and when looking in google I only s...
- Hold the phone with your left hand, making sure your fingers wrap around the chrome bezel but not onto the screen. Put the suction cup on the screw end, and place your thumb at the other end of the screen. Put your index finger in the suction cup ring and pull up. I've never had one that wouldn't come up doing it like that. Now if the screen is cracked...it's a different story. Most people make a duct tape handle to lift the screen up. Apply duct tape to the cracked area at the bottom, and really secure it on there. Make a little handle out of the tape, and lift as said in the other way. Good luck!
- Make sure there is no corrison on the SIM cards and try again.
- Same thing here - but I replaced the controls with known good ones and it worked.
- So when the phone is off, or the battery is below a certain point, iTunes recognizes it? Make sure you are entering DFU mode, not recovery mode. Here is how to enter DFU mode: 1. Hold down the power and home buttons for ten seconds, or until the phone shuts off. The phone shutting off is what you want to happen. If its already off, turn it on, or begin the boot process. 2. Once it shuts off, let off the power button and hold the home button until iTunes sees it. If you have to do this longer than 60 seconds, then you failed step 1. If you can't get it, repeat until you are in DFU mode.
- Bought a front end, and it works. Except for when I unplug it. And the screen is all white. I went to restore, but got errors about the battery being in there half way. So I'll replace that, then restore. Again, the fix was to get the front assembly and replace the battery due to the white screen. Yes, I did try a hard reset. When the phone is unplugged, it instantly dies, so this is the solution.
- Does it do this all the time? One thing I've noticed is people who have wet hands, or sweaty hands, have this issue. If the screen is 100% dry, then we move on to the next question. Did you replace the digitizer/lcd, or open up the phone in any way? If so, then we can narrow it down to the digitizer.
- First, take a can of air, or any air that isn't humid or at a high PSI, and blow it into the dock connector. Two, off that doesn't work, you'll need to replace the dock connector assembly. Its a pretty easy fix, and I don't think you even need to take the logic board out, although I did because I was fixing other things too.
- When there is liquid damage, its common that the battery is ruined. The LiPo batteries in these phones don't take to water well, nor any LiPo really. Have you cleaned it off with the rubbing alcohol? What steps have you taken to fix the liquid damage?
- Its very easy to do! First, welcome to the world of Linux! For starters, there will be no command lines, and the install is very guided. Its very similar to a game, if you wish to compare it like that. Just point and click. I highly recommend Linux Mint. http://linuxmint.com All you have to do, is burn the CD so it is bootable (just google "make linux mint cd"), and then go into your boot menu and have it boot from the CD drive. I"m not sure what it is for your laptop, but when you get the BIOS splash screen, just hit F12. Then choose the CD drive. The rest will be very guided. Come back if you need help! --Corry
- Try different wall outlets Try different chargers Try different USB cables, if applable. If you are trying to charge via USB, try via wall outlet
Page 1 of 2