- I sit here scratching my head in total disbelief as to my new dilemma. It all started with a Gold Middle Frame conversion for...
- If you actually do need to replace this I.C. the cheapest place to buy a replacement from would be here. Power Supply IC Chip For iPhone 4 Unless you are trained in replacing an I.C. I would recommend asking Hector Hector's Profile He is a Guru at soldering.
- If you can remove the Memory Stick try plugging into a P.C. if you have a Card Reader. If P.C. recognises it but says that it needs to format the card. It is typical case of corrupted Zero sector. Run a checkdisk on it through the Command Prompt. If not sure how to do one, follow these quick steps. Press Windows Key and "R" together. type "cmd" and press enter. Make sure you know disk letter, example P: drive. type the following. chkdsk p: /f/r Press enter and agree to whatever it prompts you with. If will perform 5 passes over disk (Memory Stick) and repair any errors. Once finished it will display whether or not it found any errors. Plug back into PSP and see what happens. It should work again. Hopefully P.C. does not say the Format thing and you can access all files. If this is the case then you have damaged the internals of your device.
- What happens when plugged into mains power? Your Battery main have just DIED or at best gone fully flat. Which can only be recovered by the mains power. Do you get a flashing red Battery symbol with a lightning bolt? Leave for 1 to 2 minutes to see if it gaining a charge and pull the plug. If it shuts straight off then time for a new Battery. You can purchase from here. iPhone 4 Replacement Battery - Does not require soldering I hope that gives you some direction.
- I have found it near impossible to actually kill an iPhone. But then again I also believe that nothing is impossible. A sort of contradiction there. Try removing the Mainboard from the phone and leaving it out for a couple of hours, the longer the better. If possible at least 24 hours. A full discharge of the whole phone will usually solve most annoying and strange problems such as yours. I recently had a similar issue but kept the restore process going till even itunes wouldn't even acknowledge the phone as being connected. I removed the board and put it aside. After 48 hours I got around to having another go at it, once I put the board back in I got life. I did not even have to restore it, as it worked like nothing had happened. I always do similar thing with any household appliance including my P.C. when they play DUMB. Pull the plug from the wall, let it sit for a minute or two to let all electrons to dissipate from the Capacitors and then plug back in. Strange as it may sound but at least 9 times out of ...
- Here is a guide to fit the CDMA screen which has different mounting screw positions than both the 4 GSM and the 4S. The guide is located @ Modmyi it has nice large images and has easy to understand steps.. Install a CDMA iPhone 4 screen on an iPhone 4S
- I would suggest checking to see if the actual logic board is seated correctly, if slightly out by even millimetres it can do similar things. I don't mean by lining up holes with a slight twist to either left or right, I actually mean lower in say left top corner and rear right corner sits higher. It will still work as normal, but you may notice that the SIM card won't quite sit right when you try to push it in.
- Yes it could. I recently had 3 different iPhone 4 handsets all with water damage. All 3 needed new batteries, 2 needed new charge port (the plug on bottom of phone), and 1 needed a new screen as well. Give it a try, it is a relatively cheap part and if it doesn't fix then at least you have eliminated it as a possibility. Screen maybe next step. Good Luck Deano
- From the sound of your post it seems either fully flat or the battery has really died. When you say "plugged into my charger for at least 12 hours" I hope that you mean to the wall? If you say yes on that one, then is that into a power board, or directly into the wall? Have you tried a different charge cable? They break internally very easily and can cause many silly problems. A fully flat iPhone can only get going from mains power, and depending on the state of your battery a power board may infact still not give enough juice to kick it into life. If that still yeilds no result then it is time to throw in a new battery. You can purchase directly through ifixit. iPhone 4 Replacement Battery It is the simpliest repairs of them all. To do anything else requires the removal of the Battery. If you need some guidance on how to actually do it then this link should help you, there is even a video for that extra bit of visual stimulation. Installing an iPhone 4 Battery I hope this helps you get life back into your be...
- Mate, It looks as though there is a problem in the flex cable. This same cable also connects the volume buttons and the headphone jack. You can purchase here. iPhone 4 Headphone Jack And here is the guide to replacing this. Not any easy task. Especially if you are like me and have BIG hands. Replace iPhone 4 Headphone Jack Be careful they snap easily, and lining up the volume buttons SUX. Good luck.
- This solution is possible but very difficult for even an experienced technician. What you would need to actually replace is the Baseband Processor 337S3833. I have a place for you to purchase them. Buy Baseband Processor iPhone 4. Then the removal and replacement is where the fun starts and stopped for me, instead I found the next alternative easier. This alternative to this would be to buy replacement Logic Boards that are already unlocked. And then to sell yours maybe on eBay, or through a Forum. I actually have several iPhone 4 Logic Boards for sale either in 16Gb or 32GB all unlocked. But I have not finished building my new Website where they will be available for anyone to purchase. The iPhone 4S Logic Boards will be available for sale from mid April in all memory configurations. Also iPad 1 Logic Boards also available in both 3G and non 3G. These boards are all Brand New and Unlocked for Worldwide use on any provider. If you would like to purchase any of these boards from me now, then mention so in a re...
Page 1 of 2