Teardowns I've Worked On
Guides I've Contributed To
Page 1 of 4
- Check the LCD Thermal Sensor Cable (vertical sync cable) and the cable to your main hard drive. You didn't mention if you also changed the main hard drive or not.
- Taking a look at your order it looks as though you accidentally ordered the PATA instead of the SATA enclosure. I will go ahead and reply back to your email to setup a return.
- First thing to do is double check the connections. Those zif connectors are difficult. If you're still having issues it sounds like a defective part.
- Sounds like the lock button next to the volume control got flipped. Toggle it in the opposite direction.
- The Late 2012 Mac Mini supports up to 16GB of Memory with two 8GB PC3-12800 RAM chips. Like two of these!
- It sounds as though there aren't any updates available. Do you feel that there should be?
- That will work, however, you need to have Apple do the upgrade or talk to OWC about it. That requires a special cable from them.
- Bummer! It's going to be a bit before we're able to get quality parts for these.
- Sounds like the connections need to be double checked. Go ahead and email support [at] ifixit [dot] com so that we can further assist you. Thanks!
- Sounds like it to me.
Page 1 of 6
Did you also replace the cable or just the button?
It's highly recommended to replace the cable.
You need to replace your Samsung drive with another Samsung. Unfortunately we do not sell Samsung drives.
Did you previously have a Toshiba hard drive in your iMac?
Sounds like things may not have gotten connected properly. You can get rid of the extra piece of plastic for the thermal sensor cable.
That HD should work great. If it's not showing up at all then there is another issue in play. Most of the older WD drives had a cutout for the jumper cable. The new ones don't so just remove the extra clip on the iMac's thermal sensor cable.
In response to the software, that does work, however, it can be taken care of hardware wise if our recommendations are followed.
Did you use the same brand hard drive? Did check the instructions about cable orientation on the hard drive? Did you double check the LCD thermal sensor cable?
Email sales [at] ifixit [dot] com
What kind of update?
Page 1 of 2