- There are about 25 small rubber spacers around the perimiter of the top frame. Does anybody know of a picture of the proper p...
- I've read some comments about leaving the bracket off of the screen/digitize
r but no final conclusion. asle, Garry, jimcook. ...
- It is at step 9 under the orange screw. It goes up against the camera. There is sticky on it. Does it serve any purpose? The ...
- Follow the guide for Front Panel Replacement.
- Sounds like you need a new LCD.
- Installation Guide - LCD - Step 9 - 2.0MM Only found full ipad 2 set of screws on ebay. $10 total from Canada I didn't look but this same size is probably used somewhere in iphones. I hope it works out for you.
- It is your Wi-Fi antenna. Step 1 of Front Panel Replacement, area boxed in blue. There is a clear picture of it in step 9. You can get one on eBay. More importantly there is an Installation Guide "Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Antenna". It's very fixable but somewhat difficult.
- You can get a dig/screen assembly on eBay for about $40. If you have a friend with a 3gs, swap your friends into yours and see if it works.
- Take it back to ATT and get a new sim card.
- Sell it on eBAY.
- Mr. Hoag, When you say you use super glue, do you use the gel super glue. And I assume you are using it around the perimeter and then lay the digitizer glass assembly on top. Are you using super glue instead of 3m adhesive tape to put the dig/lcd assy back on? Or am I misunderstandin
g you. Does any glue ooze out?
- This is the reason you cannot power on. Here is the best help I can give you. You may have found this Q&A allready. http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/60177...-off-sleep+%26+volume+flex+cable "asle" is very helpfull and informative about 4th gen fixing. Thank You asle.
- Are you going through and reading some of these Q&A's ?? That question has been brought up and answered several times. To answer your question, no the metal clip does not need to be on. At least that is my opion after now leaving 3 of them off and no ill effects. A few other posters also share the same idea.
Page 1 of 3
Step 7 after flipping up the metal retainer, pull it sideways.
Do not pull it up vertically.
Finally figured it out. Lift up the bezel from the bottom about 45 deg
you will then see the latch on both sides. Put a spudger or whatever under the latch and push up. Do not lift the bezel too high or you will damage the latches. This worked like a miracle for me.
Had no success with the credit card method, it was really frustrating.
The sleestack post is also also great.
I cannot get the top latches to release.Tried all the suggestions here and on YouTube. Especially a good video from Twistedmac. Made his suggested access card all different ways but nothing is working.
Any further tips or help will be greatly appreciated.
Also on the latch picture where does the credit card actually have to make contact? Please help I'm going bonkers.