- With the iPhone turned off. If you have a working iPhone 4 and you take off the back glass and disconnect the dock flex cable...
- There are about 25 small rubber spacers around the perimiter of the top frame. Does anybody know of a picture of the proper p...
- I've read some comments about leaving the bracket off of the screen/digitize
r but no final conclusion. asle, Garry, jimcook. ...
- It is at step 9 under the orange screw. It goes up against the camera. There is sticky on it. Does it serve any purpose? The ...
- Ebay is your answer.
- You can get a whole 47 pc screw set on ebay for only 2 bucks. The screw you are looking for will be there. http://www.ebay.com/itm/47-Piece-Full-Screw-Replacement-Set-For-Apple-iPhone-4-4G-USA-SELLER-/161053030805?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replaceme... 8 Also make sure the silver metal spring on the wi fi antenna cover that the screw goes into is still there and didn't fall off.
- You need a new screen lcd/digitizer assembly. There is a guy on ebay who does it for $35 and is excellent. "home_electroni
cs 10" Look him up but it must be a 4th gen ipod. Whatever you do don't have a friend try to fix it because they will probably damage it.
- Follow the guide for Front Panel Replacement.
- Sounds like you need a new LCD.
- Installation Guide - LCD - Step 9 - 2.0MM Only found full ipad 2 set of screws on ebay. $10 total from Canada I didn't look but this same size is probably used somewhere in iphones. I hope it works out for you.
- It is your Wi-Fi antenna. Step 1 of Front Panel Replacement, area boxed in blue. There is a clear picture of it in step 9. You can get one on eBay. More importantly there is an Installation Guide "Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Antenna". It's very fixable but somewhat difficult.
- You can get a dig/screen assembly on eBay for about $40. If you have a friend with a 3gs, swap your friends into yours and see if it works.
- Take it back to ATT and get a new sim card.
- Sell it on eBAY.
Page 1 of 3
Step 7 after flipping up the metal retainer, pull it sideways.
Do not pull it up vertically.
Finally figured it out. Lift up the bezel from the bottom about 45 deg
you will then see the latch on both sides. Put a spudger or whatever under the latch and push up. Do not lift the bezel too high or you will damage the latches. This worked like a miracle for me.
Had no success with the credit card method, it was really frustrating.
The sleestack post is also also great.
I cannot get the top latches to release.Tried all the suggestions here and on YouTube. Especially a good video from Twistedmac. Made his suggested access card all different ways but nothing is working.
Any further tips or help will be greatly appreciated.
Also on the latch picture where does the credit card actually have to make contact? Please help I'm going bonkers.