- My 5600S lasted for only 6 months. After that it can only read DVDs. Blu laser died. Replaced mine with HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA10N. Highly recommended.
- I can confirm that Sony Optiarc BC-5600 Blu-Ray drive works perfectly in this 2010 Macmini!
- I'll keep it simple and straight: Now I am running on 2010 Macmini with 750GB WD 9.5mm HDD and Optiarc BC-5600S Slot-in Bluray Optic Drive. And guess what! I did not re-install any OS on my Western (It was in 2009 Macmini) Both Leopard and Win7 x64 worked with my previous 2009 macmini installation right-away!
- I think i found my answer and placed an order from amazon. Looks like sensors can be used with aftermarket HDDs Check this. Will try with my 750gb WD which currently sits in my 2009 mini ;)
- Question is: Is temparature sensor show stopper for Hard Drive replacement or not?
- So all other dimmensions are standart? Or do we need to know all 3 dimmensions to make sure it's replacable with any 12.7 slotin bluray drivers?
- Could someone in ifixit please remove the black plastic cover of the harddrive to see how thermal sensors connects to drive? Because according the guy in some other forums sensors are not user replaceble and requires Apple involvement :( Thanks.
- If it's not listed in any spec sheets how we can be sure about the height. I canceled my order just because of this. If it fits i will reorder new macmini. So at the and i really need to know full dimmension of optical drive. I have optiarc 5600s in my old mini and i do not want to waste it:) Thanks!