Guides I've Contributed To
My Favorite Guides
- I have to replace my hard drive, I'm growing out of the current one. I was looking at a 500GB 7200 RPM, but I've read that th...
- MacBook Pro Core Duo Model A1150 What is a good adhesive for securing components to the case and rejuvenating the Kapton tape...
- Sony DSC-T20 Ugly dust specks inside the screen.
- Was previously erratic as was a wireless connection. Now the Airport icon doesn't show in toolbar, but get wireless connectio...
- Close the lid, it won't stay closed. The two black drop-down catches aren't appearing as they did.
- Are you sure it's not the battery? The computer end of the Magsafe on this model of Macbook Pro glows red when the battery is depleted and green when fully charged.
Note that on the two-button sub-frame (the left-hand piece secured by two of the four screws in Step 13) there are two tiny locating studs which must be aligned on the replacement wire ribbon.
Step 9: This screw was missing on my iPod. It has been replaced by a rivet.
Agreed! Two hugely tricky steps here. The larger of the two components really did NOT want to come away from the hard drive case (I was afraid of tearing the ribbon cable), AND I accidentally pulled the Bluetooth ribbon out from the case. Heck of a job to replace it! Anyone know where I can get the opaque plastic sheath for the Bluetooth board?
Step 29: if you are replacing a damaged lower case, you will definitely need some thermal paste for the heat-sinks.
You would be well advised to buy in some Kapton tape before reassembly, as the old tape tends to split on removal.
Be aware that replacing the rear bezel without problems depends entirely on gentle handling. There are some aluminum tabs in recesses on the top edge of the rear bezel that do not take kindly to rough handling!
Step 50: you will need to remove the black plastic right-hand speaker base (top right in photo), also the three-wire connector complete with the infra-red detector next to the sleep light/latch, which runs beside the red wire at the bottom of the photo above.
Step 25: now is a good time to retrieve and put somewhere safe the right ambient light-sensor cover.
My machine had a grey Torx here.