My Favorite Guides
- SOunds like a battery issue. Change the battery and see if that helps.
- This happens to a lot of aftermarket batteries. Best bet is to just pick up another one and swap it out.
- Sounds like the LCD is damaged. Try a different LCD and install with the phone OFF.
- If the display is grey, then you put the LCD connector on wrong, or damaged the LCD. Open it up again and check the connectors, make sure the connector clicks in. Make sure the phone is OFF when doing so.
- You may have damaged your camera ribbon, so you would need a new camera. Make sure it is connected securely, that could also be it as well. As for the ear speaker, check the #3 ribbon, if damaged you will not have functionality in the ear speaker. If you damaged the ribbon you can change it out. If it is the connector, then that would need to be desoldered and a new one soldered back on. Installing iPhone 3GS Proximity Sensor Ribbon
- Have you tried a different LCD? It just could be that the one you received is bad. Sounds like you took all the precautions during the fix, so I don't see any other issues besides a bad part. What happened to the original LCD? If it was showing backlight before, then a new LCD should as well.
- Google iClarified or RedmondPie for DIYs. You would only need to flash with ipad baseband if you need an unlock. Also unless you've saved your SHSH blobs in Cydia, you may not be able to upgrade it to 5.0.1, only 5.1. On second thought, I am pretty sure you wont be able to upgrade to 5.0.1.
- These things go bad after a few years. Try replacing the entire ribbon connector for the audiojack/power button. I've had to replace a few for customers throughout the years just because they drop the phone or it just wears out.
- You may have just received a bad battery. Take out the new one and replace it with the original and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't then you can pretty much assume you received a defective battery. It happens all the time.
- Why do that when you can just remove the LCD from one and transfer it to the other? 6 screws to hold the LCD to the midframe, remove those and do the swap. Then crack open a beer to celebrate.
Page 1 of 23
Yea pretty much anything like that would work.
A lot of people are asking, will this plug up to an Iphone 4, and will the Iphone 4 hardware support 8mp picture taking?
No problem, thanks for the comment!