- I just did an iPad 3 Screen replacement, For the most part, the replacement is about the same - and most of the adhesive is the same too (there are a couple of bits different, but nothing that should affect anything). The part I ordered came with the plastic bezel, I do not know how similar it is to the iPad 2 as I have never replaced the bezel with the screen in the iPad 2. -David
Tips for reinstalling the mainboard:
* De-solder the battery from the mainboard once you have it out - it will make it much easier to reinstall.
* When you go to put it back together, remove the kapton (orange) tape over the 'S' shaped ribbon cable, and carefully unstick it from the metal plate.
* Start by ensuring the ZIF socket's clip is open, then work re-setting the 3 connectors at the top of the iPhone while holding the main board at a 45° angle to the front.
* Then pull the S shaped ribbon cable out and gently and place it into its slot being careful to make sure its lined up perfectly straight and close the socket's clip.
* Screw it all down and stick the S shaped connector back down with kapton tape if you have it, otherwise normal tape will do.
* Re-solder the battery back on and stick it back down into place.