Guides I've Contributed To
- Hi. I had my nano charging and when I picked it up it was unusually warm, and doesn't react to any input attempts. There was ...
- Hi a while ago I droped my iPod i water (with salt). After a some time it started to react but then froze. I have now managed...
- Before you open it up, did you try turning it on while charging? That could narrow the problem down to being just the battery that isn't connected proberly. I'v made a sketch of the locking mechanism: http://shadowofcertainty.blogspot.com/20...-battery-replacement.html good luck.
- Hi Richard. Well I don't see any among the parts here, so maybe they are not that easy to find. You could search for a broken one for sale or place an add for one somewhere. Good luck
- Hi, I agree with the answer from oldturkey03, and just want to add that it might need more than one cleaning before it decides to return to order. In this forum you'll find repair-guides and you can browse answers to similar questions using the tabs to the right on this page. If you get stuck trying to getting the iPod opened I've made this post that might help: http://shadowofcertainty.blogspot.com/20...-ipod-classic.html good luck
- If it won't hold charge, and did with the old but worn battery, possibly something happened during the repair. Could be that the motherboard has been soiled or corroded. If so there is a chance that it can be cleaned (I managed when my iPod had similar symptoms). You could go to the shop a tell them that the malfunction started after the repair, and would they accept responsibility. When they answer no, ask if they could - only from their wish to be helpful - give you a cleaning liquid plus instructions (there is repairmanuals on this forum if they prove to be completely uncooperative). Several cleanings might be necessary. Focus on the area closest to the battery ribbon cable connector. Good luck
- - form looking on this tear down: iPod Nano 3rd Generation Teardown it seems to me that the metalplate is fixed on the clickwheel by adhesive tape. In that case you'll have to take it apart carefully, and replace it with your new clickwheel the same way. Good luck
- Hi I don't know if crevz answer is what you've asking for. But if not, then you should expand your question. This forum has tear downs, that demonstrate the construction of the iPod: Topic:iPod_Orig
inal I've made this post that explains the way the cover of the iPod Classic is opened: http://shadowofcertainty.blogspot.com/20...-ipod-classic.html Lots of questions has been answered, and you can browse them. Start by clicking on the Solutions tab to the right on thes page. Good luck
- Hi Rebecca. Stop charging it, and let it dry out completely. Read these answers: http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/10173... good luck
- To rule out the charger cable, see if you can borrow one that's known to work from a friend (or check if yours is working on a friends iPod). If it still won't charge try to reconnect the battery (did you use the locking mechanism on the connector correctly?). If that doesn't help, then three things come to mind as possible causes: the battery, the ribbon cable or the connector/logic
board. It seems unlikely that the battery is the problem, but it can be examined using some kind of meter, that I don't know about. If the ribbon cable has been damaged, it's most likely to be where it's bend. But my guess is that if reconnecting the battery doesn't help, then something has caused malfunction either in the connector the logic board. As you changed the battery you could have touched a component or something else might have happened, that would cause corrosion leading to malfunction after some use. It might be something that can be fixed by a cleaning. Or has something happened to your iPod, like a liquid spill? goo...
- You should make sure it's completely dry before you try to turn it on or charge it. Placing the device in an air tight container with dry rice is used by many. Once it's all dried you can try to charge it and restore it using iTunes. But it might be an idea to clean the logic board before charging, if you are comfortable with opening it. You'll find repair guides and other usefull links to the right on this page. Expanding your description with more details, might be a good idea as well. Good luck, and please update on progress
- I get the idea that the liquid could have damaged the connection between the screen and the logic board. Maybe a cleaning of the socket will help. Other possible causes could be the screen itself being damaged, or something on the motherboard malfunctioning. The screen can be replaced (not cheap) so can the motherboard (not cheap either). But if the malfunction is caused by corrosion, then cleaning with a suitable chemical, might fix it. You wil find links to a teardown, repairguides, solutions to other questions about your device and spare parts to the right on this page. please update on progress
Page 1 of 5